I’m headed to Barbados for the winter of 2020 and if you’re looking for a winter escape from the U.S., I strongly recommend exploring this as an option.
The short version of why you should consider Barbados:
- Almost no COVID-19 cases on a small, enclosed island
- This means that life should be normal (no masks, normal social gatherings, etc.)
- Live cheaply in the warm Caribbean next to the beach
- I’m spending $1,400/month for a two-bedroom apartment one block from the beach
- It’s only one hour ahead of EDT
- This means it’s a great spot for remote workers on American timezones.
- 6-month free visa for Americans or 1 year paid visa
- There are two great visa options for Americans that make it easy for us to travel there
- Spend your winter surfing!
- Surfing is my favorite activity and Barbados is the second-best surfing destination in the Caribbean behind Puerto Rico
Looking for a deeper crash course on Barbados? Check out the below video.
If you’re looking for more tips and insights about Barbados, click the chat button in the bottom right corner to start a conversation with me!