A $16 hotel room in Bali looks much different than a $16 hotel room in the United States. The Bali room will likely come with access to a pool overlooking rice terraces, breakfast, WIFI, and perhaps a communal space to get some work done. The cheap hotel room in the U.S. likely looks a bit less appealing, if you can even find one at that price. The Graduate Hotel has a pass that’ll change your mind about the value of a hotel room in the U.S. But you’ll have to act quickly.
On Wednesday, July 9, at 1 p.m. EST, the hotel chain is launching its second round of the extremely popular Hall Pass. For $500, this pass allows you unlimited stays in any of their 30 hotels around the country between July 1 and 31, 2021. This makes the per night cost a bit over $16 – an unheard-of price in the U.S.
Graduate Hotels said only a few hundred Hall Passes will be available, and they’re likely to sell out in minutes which happened with the 2019 Hall Passes.
The chain has 30 properties across the U.S. in or near college towns. Condé Nast Traveler calls the hotel collection “quirky properties offering well-designed oases in college towns.” Graduate Hotels said the pass is a great excuse to plan a road trip across the country, planning your route to coincide with the hotel locations.
Most locations have amenities like an outdoor pool and coffee shop for getting remote work done. Some even have unique features like the Dolly Parton-inspired rooftop bar at the Nashville location. Here’s a list and map of all Graduate Hotel locations.
View this post on Instagram
A few things to keep in mind about the Graduate Hotel Hall Pass
Like all good things in life, this one comes with a few stipulations. So here are a few essential things to keep in mind before booking:
- You can only stay at each Graduate Hotel for five nights in total
- You can only book one room per night
- The Hall Pass gets you a booking in a standard room
- You’ll need to make your reservations at least three nights in advance
- The name on the reservation must match the name of the Hall Pass holder
- Each hotel has a maximum number of Hall Passes accepted per night
- The Graduate Hotel Nashville, Graduate Roosevelt Island, and Graduate Providence only accept Hall Pass reservations for Sunday through Thursday nights. No weekend availability.
- If you need to cancel a reservation, do so by 4 p.m. the day before
- Failure to cancel on time or misuse of the pass could result in revocation
Find all the regulation details here.