Note: This post may contain affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Date: April 17, 2022
Episode: WeNomad Episode 12
Title: Thirumal Motati on Traveling with a Weaker Passport, Da Lat, and Digital Nomading
If you’re looking to create a life of freedom and fulfillment, make sure to listen to this episode of the WeNomad podcast.
Table of Contents
About Thirumal Motati
Thirumal Motati is the owner of Visa Traveler, a blog for digital nomads with weak passports. He’s been a full-time digital nomad for the past 5 to 5.5 years, during which time he’s traveled to numerous countries around the world.
In This Episode…
Thirumal discusses his experience in monetizing his blog and shares some of his favorite learning resources on blogging and SEO.
- Thirumal’s favorite thing about being a digital nomad is the freedom it affords him.
- For aspiring digital nomads with weak passports, get a US visa before quitting your job and nomading
- It’s possible to make your passport stronger by getting visas from the US, Canada, or Schengen countries. These visas usually last for 10 years and can be renewed. The UK has the most difficult visa process.
- It can be difficult for people from developing countries to travel internationally because of the expense involved. Visa requirements can also be a hurdle for many would-be travelers. But if you can overcome these obstacles, you can find that travel is a rewarding experience that truly broadens your perspective.
- Going back to India after living in the US for eight years showed Thirumal how much he’d changed and how different his own culture felt. It was a bit of a shock at first, but it also gave him a chance to see his culture in a new and more curious way.
- Be very careful with your money. Track your expenses every day so that you know exactly how much you can spend each month. This can help you stay within your budget and save some money.
Resources & Notable Mentions:
- Visa Traveler
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Nomadic Matt
- Make Traffic Happen