Note: This post may contain affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Date: April 4, 2022
Episode: WeNomad Episode 10
Title: Corritta Lewis on Digital Nomading as a Family and Person of Color
If you’re looking to create a life of freedom and fulfillment, make sure to listen to this episode of the WeNomad podcast.
About Corritta Lewis
Corritta Lewis is 1/3 of the blog It’s a Family Thing. She began her digital nomad journey after being inspired by the possibility of combining work and travel. She started by road tripping around the US with her partner and working remotely, before eventually landing a job in HR systems analysis which she has been able to do 100% remotely.
In This Episode…
Corritta talks about her family’s travel experiences as nomads, and how COVID has changed the way they travel. They also talk about the challenges of parenting on the road, and how to manage expectations when traveling as a person of color. Finally, they offer some tips for content creators who want to get started in blogging and offer some advice for pursuing your dreams.
- COVID has changed the way Corritta and her family travel, and how they’re now more spontaneous instead of planning everything out in advance.
- Parenting is hard, but traveling as a nomad family can be a great way to see the world from a different perspective. It’s also a great opportunity to bond with your kids and have some fun. Just make sure you’re prepared for the challenges that come with parenting on the road.
- It can be difficult to travel as a person of color, but you should still do so to challenge stereotypes and broaden people’s horizons. Be prepared for some challenges, but also know that you have the opportunity to make a positive impact by simply being yourself.
- In content creation, it’s important to find resources that are helpful and trustworthy. A great way to get started is by taking a course on SEO to help you understand how to optimize your content for better reach and visibility. It can also be helpful to join groups with other bloggers to network and collaborate. Finally, always be sure to inject your personal experiences into your writing for added authenticity.
- See people when traveling, not just places. It helps build empathy and understanding for the people who live in the places you visit. Also, kids are great icebreakers when it comes to meeting new people.
- It can be difficult to pursue your dreams if you feel like you have to go it alone or if people are constantly trying to talk you out of it. Remember that people usually mean well, but they may not understand what you’re trying to do. Pursuing your dreams can be a lonely endeavor, but you should remain focused and committed if you want to achieve them.
- Playa del Carmen is a great launching pad for other travel destinations in Mexico and is less hectic than Cancun. For housing, it’s best to book through Airbnb and negotiate a price for a longer stay.
Resources & Notable Mentions: