Note: This post may contain affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Date: June 6, 2022
Episode: WeNomad Episode 17
Title: Kathleen Lo on Moving To Portugal, Starting Businesses & More
If you’re looking to create a life of freedom and fulfillment, make sure to listen to this episode of the WeNomad podcast.
About Kathleen Lo
Kathleen Lo is a digital nomad based in Portugal. She formerly ran a web design business, and now she’s a co-founder of Bordr, a business that streamlines the process for digital nomads who want to stay in Portugal.
Kathleen loves how digital nomads get to experience a place beyond the standard two-week vacation, and Lisbon, Chiang Mai, and Taipei are some of her favorite cities in the world.
In This Episode…
Kathleen Lo shares her experience as a digital nomad in Lisbon, Portugal. She discusses the process of obtaining a Portuguese visa and residency, as well as the benefits of living in Portugal.
- Digital nomads should consider starting their journey in a place where there’s already a strong community of other nomads. This makes the transition easier and helps you to find like-minded people with whom you can connect. Some popular cities for digital nomads include Bali, Chiang Mai, Bangkok, and Mexico City.
- Starting and running businesses is the best way to learn about entrepreneurship.
- Having a stable income gives you the freedom to explore other opportunities. Building an initial stable business gives you the confidence to take your business to the next level.
- Short-term stays can be emotionally draining.
- Returning to a familiar city can be nice after being in many new places.