Note: This post may contain affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Date: May 8, 2022
Episode: WeNomad Episode 13
Title: Eric Richard on FIRE, Digital Nomading, & Austin, TX
If you’re looking to create a life of freedom and fulfillment, make sure to listen to this episode of the WeNomad podcast.
About Eric Richard
Eric Richard is a digital nomad and the host of the Nomad on FIRE podcast, where he interviews entrepreneurs who have built successful businesses while living a nomadic lifestyle. He’s also a firm believer in the FIRE movement (Financial Independence, Retire Early) and is currently on a mission to help others achieve financial freedom so they can live life on their own terms.
In This Episode…
Eric Richard talks about his experience as a nomad and his work as a podcaster. He also shares his favorite places in Austin, Texas and gives some tips for people considering a move to the city.
- Life is short, so pursue your passions and do what makes you happy.
- The book I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi is a great resource for learning personal finance basics.
- The book When by Daniel Pink is an interesting read about timing and perception of time.
- Going on a travel program like Remote Year is more expensive compared to nomading alone, but the community and logistics taken care of for you make it worth it.
- There are many different paths to take as a digital nomad.
- You have to be willing to make things happen.
- Journaling can help you figure out the best option for you.
- Save money by investing in your future rather than buying physical things.
- Read or listen to stories about people’s FIRE journeys for inspiration. Check out the blog Millennial Revolution and the podcast Choose Fi for great insights into FIRE.
- It’s normal to feel like you’re behind in life compared to others, but comparing yourself to others isn’t productive. Instead, focus on your own journey and growth instead of worrying about what others are doing.
- Austin is a great place to live if you enjoy the outdoors and city life. There are many different neighborhoods to choose from, each with its own unique vibe. If you’re considering moving to Austin, it’s important to do your research and find the right area for you.