If you’re looking for related tips, read our guide to financially retiring before you turn 30 and if you’re looking for ideas on how to build your skillset, read this post.
Without a doubt, the easiest and fastest way to monetize your existing knowledge and skills is by freelancing, consulting, or coaching.
And after reviewing a lot of different freelancing guides, this is the best one that we’ve found by far. For skill/knowledge specific guides, scroll down to the bottom.
- Is Consulting, Coaching or Freelancing Right for Me?
- What Service Should I Sell?
- Getting Started With Your Freelance Business
- How Much Should I Charge?
- How to Get Clients
- Branding and Marketing Your Services
- Operations and Client Management
- Scaling to High Six and Seven Figures – Creating an Agency/Services Empire
- Best Practices for Success
Alternatively, if you prefer video content, here’s a collection of fantastic video guides to becoming a freelancer.
The only notable thing that’s missing is a list of the most popular freelance job boards that aren’t industry-specific, so here’s a quick list:
- Writing (+ An Alternate Guide)
- Software Development
- Design (Still Looking For A Great Guide)
- Virtual Assistant
- Bookkeeper (Still Looking For A Great Guide)
The Best Paid Guide To Becoming A Freelancer
Other Types Of Freelancing
Here’s a List of 100 Other Freelance Jobs, such as data entry, transcription, writing, editing/proofreading, accounting, translation, test scoring, support, and social media monitoring.
Have questions or suggestions about any of this? Click the chat button in the bottom right to start a conversation!